Thursday, February 3, 2011

Skulls lead to chemistry

A molecule is an electrically neutral group of at least two atoms held together by covalent chemical bonds. Molecules are distinguished from ions by their electrical charge. However, in quantum physics, organic chemistrty, and biochemimistry the term molecule is often used less strictly and applied to polyatomic atoms. 

 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecule]

This is the design for my new typeface "Molecule." The idea actually started with a sketch of a cartoon skull. Then I noticed the eyes and the form of the skull made three distinct circles, to some degree. So, I remembered 5th grade chemistry and how I use to draw a H20 molecule with 3 circles. I did some research on molecules and started by trying to only use 3 circles but lets be honest, that would account for a crappy typeface. So I added circles and am still in the process of editing. The purpose of this typeface is for type posters, showcaseing elements, and could possibly be used on an enviormental product or medical product. Feedback is welcomed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment